Let’s Get Creative This Valentine’s Day!
Just buying your loved one expensive jewelry and/or gifts to try and express your love for them on Valentine’s Day is a thing of the past! As a matter of fact, buying expensive things isn’t an adequate expression of love and is highly overrated. So, to help you out with what you can do to be genuinely romantic and sentimental, here are some low budget date and gift ideas you could this year instead.
Creative Gift Ideas
- Cook for them – Cook your loved a meal that is based on love-themed foods. For example, you could cook them breakfast in bed with heart-shaped waffles or pancakes to eat.
- Hand make something – Make them a scrapbook highlighting favorite events from over your entire relationship to date, or make each page a dedication to each of your favorite memories with one another.
- Spend some quality time together – Spend an evening together focusing on each other without the distraction of TVs or cell phones. If you have kids, hire a babysitter for a night, or just send them to grandma’s house for the weekend so the two of you can be alone.
- Do them a service – You could give your partner a massage or prepare them a bubble bath complete with candles and wine without wanting or needing the action reciprocated. Or you could make a coupon book of vouchers for them to redeem with you for various services whenever they see fit.
Creative Date Ideas
- Stay this year – You can stay in and make dinner together instead of going out to eat, you could take a bubble bath together, and/or give each other massages. You could even do something a game night with board games or cards or watch a marathon of your favorite show or your favorite movies.
- Do something different and adventurous – You could volunteer somewhere in your community together or just go sightseeing around town. You could even go to the zoo if you have one in your area, but if not, you could go the opposite direction and go to a haunted house if you know of one in your area.
- Just go out and enjoy the outdoors – If it’s a nice day out you could take a hike or a nature walk, you could have a picnic in the park, or you could just lay out somewhere underneath the stars after dark.
- Do something active – Do something fun that’s fairly inexpensive like ice skating, bike riding, bowling, or putt-putt golfing.
- Go Out – Some other things you could go do that are fairly cheap would be like go see a movie together, go to an arcade, go to a flea market or garage sale, or go somewhere that you can just sit and enjoy a cup of coffee together.
Surely one of these ideas sounds appealing to you, and you will try to be a little more creative this Valentine’s Day to express your love and devotion to your loved one. You and your significant other should always feel loved and appreciated by one another every day of the year, but Valentine’s Day is a chance for both of you to go a little above and beyond!